The Remote Teacher Thrive Intensive is a unique 6 module membership program for teachers who have just accepted positions in a remote outback community. It is perfect for new graduates, beginning teachers, early career teachers new to remote contexts.
Catholic Education WA teachers will access these modules on the Christmas 2022 school holidays and during Term 1 as advised by their school administration team. Hakea and Carl will then deliver 6 professional development sessions as organised by Head Office Broome.
- To feel confident and competent in your new role.
- To overcome feelings of overwhelm and culture shock.
- So you can feel prepared and ready to step into your remote classroom with purpose.
- To learn from those who have done the hard yards so you don’t have to.
- You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
In The Remote Teacher Survive and Thrive Intensive you will receive:
- Guidance from two experienced remote educators- Carl Merrison (First Nations AEO, Youth Worker and coach) and Hakea Hustler (experienced remote teacher).
- Access to our exclusive community in The Remote Teacher Members Mastermind Facebook Group.
- Weekly professional development topics including videos, downloads and prompts.
- Access to The Remote Teacher Learning Hub where you can access additional training and resources.
- Access to content for the full year.
Who are we?
Carl Merrison is a respected AEIO, Clontarf Worker, Youth Worker, Football Coach and Mentor with over 15 years of experience in remote schools. Carl is a Jaru and Kija man from Halls Creek in the Kimberley- he was educated in a remote school, went to a remote school, has children and family in remote schools. He is passionate about quality teaching and learning in remote contexts.
Hakea Hustler is a Teacher, HOD, graduate mentor, CMS facilitator and Trauma Informed facilitator with many years experience in remote classrooms. She understands the big emotions and change that comes with a move to the outback.
We are not ‘the experts’ in remote teaching- but we have learnt with feet on the ground, seen the best and worst of remote teaching and made our own mistakes- all that we hope to use to help you have a smooth transition into your role without the big learning curve. We are highly experienced, highly trained and ready to support YOU.
We have surveyed beginning teachers and teachers who have completed to their first year to hear what they needed and wanted for support and professional development in the early days- and tailored specific support so you don’t have to tread the same exhausting path.
You will land on your feet feeling prepared and supported.